Member Deleted Post  

posts

Member Deleted Post


This post has been deleted by

LadyLuck2 64F  
9041 posts
6/1/2021 1:02 pm

Flour puts out grease fires. Keep a bag nearby to smother the flames. When I was packing my RV to move to Florida I gave away suits, leather jackets with matching skirts and slacks, leather coats, etc. to a charity that provides clothing for women in shelters needing clothes for job interviews, etc. I also gave away about 50 pairs of high heels and purses. Take care of your burns!

Never ignore those who care for you
you will have lost diamonds
while you were collecting stones


flannel_light 58F  
3438 posts
6/1/2021 2:24 pm

Well dear friend you could go get a fire extinguisher and put it in your house and grab it when that happens again don't feel bad when my daughter was little she locked herself in the bathroom and I had to call the fire department to unlock it but I was ironing and the iron fell on the floor and our in house so luckily they weren't no damage except they had to replace part of the floor from the iron. But the suit makes the man

The Light is shinning and she is lonely and waiting in the darkness.


seastheday4u 64M/65F
274 posts
6/1/2021 3:15 pm

From one Paul to another be careful man I am 64 also


sexyldy1000 60F  
8587 posts
6/1/2021 3:38 pm

I think any type of house fire is one of the scariest experiences to go through. One of the Top causes is exactly what you described....leaving cooking unattended. Thank goodness you noticed and reacted when you did so that the results weren't more devastating. According to a study done by the American Psychological Association, the way a man dresses significantly affects how a woman rates his attractiveness.

You don’t know if you don’t ask.
That s Not My Job


justskin1 69M
12489 posts
6/1/2021 3:38 pm

My second, now Ex, wife had a grease fire once. Left the kitchen for a "moment". Heard the woomp of ignition and ran in. Put the lid on the pot but the flames started out the sides. Grabbed potholders and towels, walked it flaming through the living room and tossed it out on the brick patio.
Our fireman neighbor saw her do it and told her he thought that was a neat trick but not smart. That was the pots first and last use.
Fortunately we were planning on remodeling the kitchen. Just had to do it a tad sooner than expected.
Hope you did not get burned too bad.

If you see me in the real world, come say "Hi Justskin."

I always behave. Preferably not well.


superbjversion2 66F
22777 posts
6/1/2021 6:50 pm

And that is why I don't fry.

I'm glad it wasn't worse for you.

Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation bangs on the door forever!


scoupe42 58M  
11757 posts
6/1/2021 6:56 pm

3 stories into one the women in the Chiffon gown, the stove fire and the buring pan, and unappreicate homeless man,. It caught my attention


PonyGirl1965 55F
17121 posts
6/1/2021 10:18 pm

Holy moly don't do that! You scared the bejeezus out of me. You know chiffon is a man made fabric and will melt when exposed to heat? That crap will melt to your skin and if you were commando ... Oh my goodness. Be careful please.


author51 58F
118040 posts
6/1/2021 10:58 pm

I am so glad you are okay my friend and hope there was not much damage done to your kitchen..That would have scared the crap out of me also..xoxo

One can never have enough JOY in their life.....xoxo

MAKE ME MOAN DAY THE SIGHS BETWEEN HER THIGHS


lunchandconvo 50F
3327 posts
6/1/2021 11:14 pm

oy! i don't fry! i suck at it!!
glad you are safe... XO!


anastasia666 43F  
2224 posts
6/2/2021 12:17 am

Paul,

Wow..Thank Goodness you are OK..Those kind of fires ,well any fire is, quite scary. Hope the burns heal soon. Same kind of thing happened to my Mom . She was frying a hamburger in the kitchen, heard some thing on tv in living room and stepped out of kitchen to check it .. I came walking by moments later and asked Mom, "Why is Champion ( my ginger Kitty ) staring at the Kitchen ?" Mom jumped up, saw the pan on fire and grabbed a pan lid to cover it..It could have been a lot worse.. I did laugh though as my Boy Kitty just sat there watching the flames..

Stay Safe Hugs,

Ana6

I done made the devil a deal
He made me pretty
He made me smart


mc_justmc 61M  
6665 posts
6/2/2021 5:38 am

I've told my oldest G-girl to never leave the kitchen with water on to boil, but oil frying is a whole new level of dangerous.


smartasswoman 63F  
34674 posts
6/2/2021 11:02 am

Yikes! Glad you came through without setting your whole building on fire.

If it makes you feel any better, last week I forgot to turn off a burner under a skillet after I was done preparing something. Half hour later, in the living room watching TV, I noticed a slight "burny" smell... Just extra seasoning on the cast iron pan in this case!


NewPearl 98F
474 posts
6/8/2021 12:29 pm

Oy vey! What a mess!
I'm glad you didn't have that chiffon dress in your kitchen, didn't throw the pan with burning grease into the forest, only suffered minor burns, and didn't end up homeless. xo

As to a man and a suit... that would be a topic an interesting discussion.


Become a member to create a blog